This Business Development - Microscopy position is critical in managing accounts through direct and/or dealer relationships. The Business Development Manager must build and maintain customer relationships while driving sales growth. This role is responsible for complete product portfolio management.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop strategies designed to increase sales of products in assigned territory: specifically; recommend product, pricing, advertising and sales promotion strategies
- Identify selling opportunities across product lines, including lead generation
- Identify customer gaps and equate to sales opportunity
- Lead team selling efforts in all identified accounts
- Conduct analysis and performance evaluation of all sales in assigned region by use of the Salesforce.com tool. The evaluation includes sales call activities, follow up on sales leads, attendance at trade shows, contacts with local governments, associations, and academic institutions, and traveling with other product specialists to improve their field sales skills and product knowledge.
- Professional Experience
- Strong Microscopy (widefield) or Life Science Research experience required
- Demonstrated core understanding of Microscopy / Imaging / Application
- Relationship Building; Interpersonal and Communication Skills - Project Management and Project Business - Financial / Business Acumen - Knowledge of specific area of work (Commercial, Government, University, etc.)
- Previous Sales experience of Microscopy highly preferred
- 3+ years successful selling products of a technical nature combined with above
- Large Account Management Relationships combined with above
- BA / BS or MS or PhD degree in biology or chemistry, or a related scientific field
skills: Sales Training
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.