As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $31.25 - 46.25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Assist Scientists in performing experiments. Primary responsibilities will include protein purification and associated analytical assays, and to a lesser extent: performing mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, signal transduction assays, immunochemistry, microscopy, image analysis, various microbiology techniques, and general lab duties.
- Protein purification
- Column chromatography with GE Akta systems
- Mammalian cell culture and cell biology
- SDS-PAGE, protein function/stability and enzymatic assays
- Immunochemistry (ELISA, bio-layer interferometry, IHC, etc.)
- Protein conjugation and characterization
- General lab duties, buffer preparation, notebook documentation
- The ideal B.A./B.S./M.S. candidate will have 4+ years of related industry or academic research experience.
- Candidate should have a minimum of a B.A./B.S. in a science field (preferably cell biology or biochemistry).
- Proficient in protein purification (familiarity with Akta/UNICORN) and biochemical techniques is critical. Experience with virus (AAV) or virus-like partical purification, tissue culture, cell-based assays and/or IHC is beneficial.
- Various experience with protein analytical techniques such as: spectrophotometry, Bradford, BCA, SDS-PAGE, gel staining, western blotting, ELISA, enzymatic assays, BLI (Octet), SPR (Biacore), DLS, HPLC, thermal shift, among others is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- The ideal candidate will have working experience in cell culture, histology, bioassays, and protein purification.
- The candidate will be comfortable with basic chemical principles and calculations.
- Candidate should also be fastidious with respect to attention to detail and organization.
skills: Cell Biology, HPLC, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Assay Development, Protein Purification, Cell Cultures, ICH Regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.