As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19.34 - 22.75 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Operate large scale bioprocess equipment for the cell culture and purification processing
- Perform all aspects of processing with a broad understanding of science, compliance and technical aspect
- Display competency with process equipment and automated control systems
- Perform cleaning and sterilization of parts and equipment used with manufacturing process
- Broad knowledge of biotech manufacturing process and equipment including cell culture, depth and tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation
- Ability to understand, apply, and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and scientific principles as appropriate for the position
- Proficiency with compliance; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, good documentation practices and data capturing
- Bachelor's degree in science related area or engineering or Associate's degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry
- PROCESS KNOWLEDGE:Understanding of process theory and equipment operation. Ability to learn biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes including mammalian cell culture, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation of bulk drug substance. Support initiatives for process optimization, identify and elevate processing issues and support solutions. Demonstrated proficiency. Gain experience with automation systems (LIMS, MES, PI, etc.)
- TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION:Provide feedback and/or suggested changes to operational procedures. Assist in the incorporation of new technologies, practices and standards into procedures.Capable of writing and reviewing process documents.
- QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE:Understanding of cGMPs as related to Commercial Operations. Ability to utilize Quality systems (Deviations, CAPAs, Change Requests, Action/Alert Reports, etc.)
- BUSINESS: Ability to participate on projects and contribute to outcomes. Capability to learn and support new business systems (Track wise, ERP, etc.)Support trending of defined department metrics
skills: CAPA, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Protein Purification, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), ERP System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.