job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $33.97 - 39.96 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- This position within Biologics Drug Product Development organization will contribute to the organizational and technology development of Biologics Products.
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing drug product process development technologies and introducing innovative technologies to the group.
- Typical projects will involve developing scale-up/down models to simulate drug product manufacturing and post-manufacturing stresses.
- This is a Research Associate position in the biologics drug product process development group within global pharmaceutical development biologics organization.
- This role will involve applying first-principle chemical engineering concepts such as mass transfer, fluid transfer, scaling to develop scale down stress models.
- Hands on experience in biologics process development and working knowledge of processing unit operations are desirable but not a requirement.
- Comfortable with both modeling and experimental assignments.
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of experiments and analytical procedures.
- Displays an investigative or technological orientation in designing, executing and interpreting experiments and analytical procedures.
- Investigates basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision.
- Plans and prioritizes concurrent experimental procedures. Integrates, complies, and tabulates data and assists supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results.
- May provide oral presentations on results to other department members.
- Works under active supervision.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous execution may cause delays in program schedules, and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Frequent internal company contacts.
- Infrequent inter- departmental and outside constituent contacts on routine matters.
- Experience: 3 to 6 years
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- BS/MS in Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related discipline.
- MS with 0 - 2 years' academic/professional experience or BS with 4 - 5 years in the area of protein formulations, protein stability and aggregation, scale-down model development, chemical engineering
- Keen scientist/engineer who is willing to learn and be coached
- Positive engaging personality, excellent technical leadership, communication and collaborative skills to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Hands on experience in biologics formulation development and scale-up/down process development
- Solid understanding of processing unit operations such as freeze-thaw, mixing, filtration, filling etc.
- In depth knowledge in drug product process development including process simulation, scale down model development, process characterizations, and process scale up
- Demonstrated scientific and technology expertise to develop diverse dosage forms and associated process technologies for high-concentration protein formulations
- Experienced in liquid and lyophilization process development
skills: Biomedical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.