As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $44.75 - 52.65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This position requires expertise in biochemical and molecular assays, including western blot, ELISA and qPCR. The position also requires experience working with mice. The skill of intracerebralventricular (ICV) injection of rodent neonates is highly desired. Further, the ideal candidate will be skilled in CRISPR/Cas9-genome editing techniques and has experience with AAV gene transfer vector systems. The successful candidate is expected to design and perform experiments with minimal supervision, analyze results, interpret data, and present at team meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of controlled experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to rigorously analyze results.
- Must be adept at following/modifying protocols and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Must have hands-on in vivo experience working with mice. ICV injection skill in neonates is highly desired.
- Must be skilled in molecular biology techniques, including western blotting, ELISA and PCR.
- Highly desired: experience working with multiple mammalian cell lines and proficient with cell culture techniques, such as transfection, lentiviral or AAV transduction, cell/tissue processing for genomic DNA and protein extraction.
- Must have a good understanding of the principle of CRISPR-based gene editing. Prior hands-on experience of designing and performing gene editing experiments is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to clearly communicate results and to maintain detailed written records and ability to manage multiple experiments at the same time.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate closely with researchers across the company.
- PhD, or BS/MS in biological sciences with minimal 6 years relevant experience in academia or in the pharmaceutical industry.
skills: Molecular Biology, Assay Development, RT-PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.