As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $47.00 - 55.29 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Human Genetics is seeking a bioinformatics research associate to join the group. The candidate will integrate, analyze, and interpret high-throughput genomics and other omics data, and effectively communicate results to impact early pipeline development.
- Characterize the underlying genetics, variability, and size of disease populations by utilizing information from the literature and large -omics databases.
- Develop workflows for processing high-throughput sequencing data.
- A master's degree or equivalent years of PhD work in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, quantitative genetics or related fields or 4+ years of work experience.
- A background in genetics and/or genomics.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python, R or Perl.
- Familiarity with relational database and SQL, such as mySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with databases such as the UK Bio Bank, gnomAD, ClinVar and HGMD.
- Familiarity with tools such as PLINK, GATK, samtools, HAIL, and PennCNV.
skills: R Language, Biostatistical Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.