job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 25.59 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
education: No Degree Required
- Communication Management:
- Ensure timely receipt, handling and delivery of timely communications through understanding the leader(s) and departments business and activities, anticipating the needs of the leader, delivering routine and ad hoc requests that consistently meet deadlines, provide materials and documents that have high accuracy, are concise and are professional. Prevent issues by escalating questions and issues to the leader(s) or appropriate department resources in a timely fashion, with potential solutions for quick resolution when appropriate. Work and collaboratively with all other assistants and practice careful communications, as necessary.
- Administrative Support: Maintain and manage employees and leader(s) by:
- Scheduling meetings, preparing them for meetings and be where and when they need to be to minimize disruption to the business/function - limited to no duplications or conflicts with time, rooms are secured.
- Making travel arrangements
- Ordering Catering
- Manager calendars for sr. leaders, as designated.
- Resource Management:
- Ensures supplies and equipment are appropriately maintained ensuring minimal to no disruption in leader and department activities. Performs other delegated tasks on behalf of the leader as assigned.
- Event Management:
- Coordinates and manages internal and external meetings and events (all employee meetings, senior leader meetings, reward and recognition events, conferences, etc.) to achieve successful delivery - investigates options/proposals, event logistics, meeting planning, hotels, meeting rooms, technology, meals, communications, vendors, stakeholders and problem solve issues before and during events along with other duties assigned.
- Required Skill 1: Meeting planning
- Required Skill 2: Travel coordination and expense report processing
- Required Skill 3: Excellent communication skills
- Required Skill 4: Ability to generate reports from different systems
- Required Skill 5: Experience with new hire onboarding and managing small budgets
- 2-3 years experience with degree, without degree 3-5 years experience
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Administration, Calendar Management, Expense Reporting, File Management, Office Management, Vendor Management, System Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.