- Identify unmet clinical needs and develop potential product concepts that aligns with our strategy. (This will require systematic exploration and evaluation of repositioning existing drugs for new indications.) This effort may also require building cross functional collaboration within as well as outside of the company.
- Conduct through competitive intelligence and pan-therapeutic area analysis. Identify timely and relevant market and competitive insights, assess market trends and develop deep insights into opportunities and threats.
- Lead and provide a high level of business decision and analytical support for commercial development through effective data driven decision making, ensure market relevance & finalized TPP.
- Develop and refine forecast models based on the key assumptions driving product value. This is done in collaboration with other cross functional teams who input data and/or assumptions into the forecast.
- Assist in prioritizing pipeline and potential pipeline products based on value proposition from clinical innovation perspective.
- Interact and lead discussions with therapeutic area specific KOL's for in-depth assessment on specific concept and therapeutic area.
- Review relevant clinical literature and provide in-depth analysis to develop thorough clinical justification(s) for the concept development.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to build a business case and understand the requirements for successful R&D development, manufacturing scale up and clinical trial implementation.
- Identify vendors and lead market research and analytics for potential in-licensing & internal pipeline products
- Identify timely and relevant market and competitive insights, assesses market trends and develop deep insights into opportunities and threats.
- Provide analysis & support and make well-informed recommendations to optimize our positioning with investors community.
- Provides strategic intelligence to support decision making by utilizing personal professional (scientific and commercial) acumen with primary (professional networks; contract resources) and secondary (publications, electronic databases) sources of information.
location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Deep understanding of the 505B2 regulatory pathway for injectable and ophthalmic drug products
- Experience with clinical and therapeutic area assessment
- Demonstrated analytical skills-should understand the advantages and limits of different analytical approaches and studies and their findings
- Led and executed market research activities
- Deep understanding of marketing and business analysis concepts
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Strong ability to quickly understand the latest developments in the pharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities
- Proficient facilitation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced scientific degree such as PharmD, PhD, MS
- 2-5 years working as an investment/ industry analyst on Wall Street or at some other financial firm
- 3-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience. Injectable and/ or ophthalmic experience preferred.
- Solid proficiency and knowledge of commonly used pharmaceutical industry databases like IMS data, Symphony, etc.
- Basic understanding of patents and the use of patent databases
- PowerPoint and Excel
- Use of various CI and company research portals
skills: Portfolio Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.