Seeking Individuals who are highly motivated and willing to work with animals. This person will change litter, clean cages, wash glassware, and prepare animals for testing.
location: Dayton, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $38,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Changing litter, cleaning cages, cleaning animal rooms to maintain highest level of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washing glassware, feeders, etc. as required.
- Monitor need for feed, cleaning supplies, paper products.
- Log in animals upon their arrival and put into cages.
- Assist in repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare animals for testing (i.e. clipping fur, ear tagging)
- Assist technicians with the performance of tests.
- Hold animals during dosing of test samples.
- Ability to safely wear a respirator required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability be adaptable and work at high level of integrity; must enjoy working with animals and comfortable handling them
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.