job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 22.22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- We are currently seeking a Chemist I position in Quality Control to join our team at the Company's Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The Chemist I will perform general compendial testing of product and/or raw materials within a fast-paced cGMP environment. Additional responsibilities will include reagent preparation and routine equipment maintenance activities. Laboratory experience is required.
- Performs test methods as written to support product/material release.
- Understands and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Understands, implements and maintains cGMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures and systems in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Performs a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained.
- Accepts responsibility to complete assigned tasks within required timelines and works with others to accomplish business objectives.
- Revises procedures as necessary and provides continuous improvement support for the department.
- Support laboratory investigations in a timely manner.
- Support a variety of testing techniques upon completion of training.
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Biology or equivalent science degree and 1+ years of related work experience.
- Solid understanding of cGMP and quality control and documentation requirements.
- Spectrophotometric concentration determination
- Experience testing Appearance per USP, EP requirements
- Quality Control testing of phase III and commercial products
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.