A Communications Director candidate will be fulfilling an initial contract role for 6 months and will be responsible for the following responsibilities.
location: Summit, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop and implement a global communications strategy to position the company portfolio and build awareness and understanding of the company's brand
- Develop and implement a global communications strategy to position the company as a leader in pandemic preparedness and help drive demand for pandemic products and services.
- Develop and implement annual public relations campaigns to help drive commercial outcomes for each product brand, ensuring messages, materials and tactics are tailored for each market.
- Manage public relations agencies in support of each product franchise and/or product brand which includes agency selection, negotiation and managing budgets and performance.
- Maintain and leverage a global calendar of key product milestones, including scientific presentations, publications, regulatory submissions, approvals and product launch.
- Define, document and drive global alignment on the process for managing product-related issues prior to the escalation process, and lead the proactive management of such issues.
- Define, document and drive global alignment on the process for the development, approval and distribution of product-related media and associated communication materials.
- Develop and maintain a cost-effective approach for global media monitoring to inform risk management, competitor intelligence, campaign outcomes and organisational knowledge.
- Lead media training for the Company organizations, ensuring Senior executives are regularly trained and are well prepared for media interviews.
- Actively pitch to media outlets and act as the media spokesperson on behalf of the Company using pre-approved material. Also serve as the acting Head of Corporate Affairs when required.
- Establish and nurture professional relationships with key stakeholders, including editors and journalists, KOLs, peers at FDA and CDC press, and other public health stakeholders.
- Build and manage a high-performing communications team that partners with the commercial organisation in key regions.
- Provide communications counsel and support to members of the Commercial Leadership Team, US-based SQLT, Summit Leadership Team and Global Brand Team.
- Support the SVP Commercial Operations to effectively communicate to the global Commercial function and to the broader organization and manage his/her media profile.
- Work with Summit-based colleagues involved in the global communications network to ensure global company and local communications for Summit are effective and timely.
- Contribute to the Corporate Affairs strategy, participate in global team meetings and ensure media and communications collaboration and alignment within the company and CSL corporate affairs.
- Intellectual horsepower, strategic agility, outstanding written and verbal communications, interpersonal savvy, business acumen, strong organizational and planning skills and drive for results.
- Deep knowledge of the global vaccines landscape and related current affairs, the healthcare environment in the US, communications trends and how the media operates. Fluency in Spanish an advantage
- Demonstrated sustained ability to influence senior leaders, collaborate across a matrixed-global organization and deliver outstanding commercial results through effective media and communications strategies.
- Strong relationships with health and science journalists in key consumer, business and trade media as well as peers in key public health agencies.
Advanced proficiency and understanding of social media technologies and applications, design and editing software, and Office products, Sharepoint, cloud-based applications and content management systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.