job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.00 - 32.99 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
- A technical R &D position responsible for development and execution of in vivo biomedical studies evaluating the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and toxicological properties of pharmaceutical agents. Must possess strong animal technical skills working with rodents. Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently to execute in vivo studies, effectively document findings, follow animal welfare policies and analyze study data.
- Serve as the technical lead for in vivo biomedical testing, demonstrating technical proficiency in rodent dosing by various routes (IV, IP, SC, PO)
- Responsible for the development and validation of animal models for the pharmacokinetic, efficacy, and toxicity evaluation of pharmaceutical candidates
- Independently conduct biomedical studies, accurately document findings, analyze data and prepare reports for internal and external dissemination
- Flexible hours that will require some weekend and holiday work as well as early am and pm dosing responsibilities
- Responsible for animal care and handling
- Position requires significant rodent handling and participation in rodent husbandry. Occasional lifting of heavy items (?10kg) items anticipated. Individuals with allergies to animal dander would be significantly limited in the scope of work that could be performed with respect to the responsibilities of the position
- Excellent technical proficiency in rodent handling, dosing and bleeding techniques, and conduct of in vivo studies
- Technical proficiency in necropsy and tissue sample collection
- Working knowledge of the conduct of pharmacokinetic studies in mice and rats using various methods of blood collection (tail vein, saphenous vein, cheek, cardiac, retro-orbital)
- Technical proficiency in measuring subcutaneous tumor growth
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to both anticipated and unanticipated results during the development and conduct of in vivo studies individually and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work independently in a fast-paced research environment
- Practical knowledge of IACUC policies desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of StudyLog
- Practical knowledge of various syngeneic and xenograft tumor models
- Possess a broad-base of skills in support of in vivo biomedical testing, including proficiency in animal dosing and sample collection by various routes and/or methods
- Proficient in development and validation of animal models for the evaluation of efficacy and toxicity of pharmaceutical candidates
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.):
- Bachelors degree in biology, toxicology, pharmacology or related disciplines, or 3 or more years relevant experience
- Experience with IACUC policies and procedures
- Practical knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice regulations desired
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, In Vivo
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.