In support of the market units and the enterprise strategy, the Manager, Commercial Technology Development - Oncology & Administration Systems continually builds and deploys subject matter expertise and Voice of the Customer / Voice of the Industry to help shape internal technology development activities for proprietary products around drug containment and delivery for oncology applications with a special focus on understanding the drugs, formulation characteristics, mechanisms of action, point of care, co-therapies etc. which ultimately dictate containment and delivery requirements. Proactively builds an internal and external network with key functions within the company (Sales, Product Management, I&T) as well as customers, Key Opinion Leaders, and relevant industry organizations. Identifies and helps drive business development initiatives and strategic technical collaborations (including alpha / beta testing) in alignment with the commercial team. Conceptualizes, prioritizes, guides and owns oversight of new market-led technical studies to support product development, competitive differentiation, value pricing and commercial launch. Takes an active role in supporting the development of new products. The priority is to build and share technical and market knowledge that will engage customers, bring expertise to market units, I&T and other functions and ultimately deliver growth to the business in alignment with organizational strategies. This position is a customer-facing commercial role requiring both deep technical knowledge as well as business acumen.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Become a commercial and technical Subject Matter Expert in drug containment and delivery for oncology applications with a special focus on understanding the drugs, formulation characteristics, mechanisms of action, point of care, co-therapies etc. which ultimately dictate drug containment and delivery requirements. Build an understanding of the complex interactions between market dynamics, technical needs of the drug product and application, existing and emerging regulations, as well as key business drivers. Build subject matter expertise through personal study, customer and clinician collaborations, conference / tradeshow participation, consultation with Key Opinion Leaders, and hands-on learning.
- From concept to commercialization for proprietary products, continuously build and deploy commercial technical subject matter expertise to support market units and product development teams with:
- White space exploration
- Product concept generation
- Product requirements definition
- Identification of strategic partnerships
- Identification of technical studies necessary for product positioning and value pricing
- Early market seeding.
- Technical support for commercial launch
- Proactively develop knowledge of industry & technology trends as it applies to key areas of focus dictated by the business priorities. Deploy knowledge to help identify and vet white space opportunities and new product concepts.
- Help to develop and continually refine insightful product requirements. Be an active member of product development teams from concept to commercialization to represent the Voice of the Customer / Voice of the Industry. Take proactive ownership to solicit customer / industry feedback when product development uncertainties arise. Work to mitigate risks and reduce uncertainties in product development and for product adoption by building and deploying subject matter expertise and commercial relationships.
- Identify and support strategic technical collaborations to help drive product understanding and the commercial success of new products. Establish the foundation and objectives for the collaborative efforts and work with other resources to manage the collaboration to fruition.
- Be the commercial technical point of contact to manage alpha / and beta testing with key customers.
- Identify technical studies required to support product positioning and value pricing. Work with SA&TS resources as needed to assure execution occurs.
- In collaboration with Account Managers, support customer visits to seed the market for new for proprietary products. In collaboration with market units and sales, help to identify key customer targets and support technical positioning and marketing for new product launch. Build relationships and network with key technical personnel at customers. Shape industry dynamics through persuasive communication (white papers, conference talks), generation of key insights, and strategic collaborations.
- Support marketing and product management to develop impactful technical product positioning. Help to establish strong foundational technical marketing through peer reviewed articles, white papers, select supporting documentation, and conference presentations.
- Work with Product Management on internal training initiates especially with global TCS teams. Ensure a smooth transition for technical support of new products into the TCS team.
- Engage with I&T, Scientific Communications group, other SA&TS organizations & external to organizations to deliver needed support for product launch and ongoing support including generating documentation.
- Coordinates with the Integrated Solution organization and actively participates in strategy development and execution for any new product/technology and its relationship with Integrated Solutions.
- Guides scientists / engineers in SA&TS and I&T to create scientifically and commercially sound standard product documentation. Acts as a reviewer for product documentation and scientific manuscripts. Tracks & writes external facing documentation for assigned projects as needed. Provide internal and external training for organization as required.
- Networks and influences through active participation on industry working group or conference planning committee.
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Master's in technical field (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Material Science, Polymer Science)
- Ph.D. preferred
- Experience: 8-10 years of experience, with at least 7 years solid experience in related fields such as pharmaceutical or medical device industry and preferably experience in both research & development and commercial functions.
- Skills & Competencies: Working knowledge of protein chemistry, surface chemistry, therapeutic protein formulations, PK/PD, drug delivery, material science, 503(A) pharmacy preparations, and / or infusion technologies.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to connect with others and effectively influence and manage key relationships with customers and across diverse organizational levels, business units, and functions. Able to quickly build trust and credibility with customers.
- Proactive, competitive and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to utilize sound judgment and manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work as part of a team but also autonomously in a fast-paced & complex environment with a self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to anticipate and identify internal and external client needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization
- Excellent English language skills (written/oral)
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Willingness to travel globally
skills: Pharmacology, Chemistry, Container Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.