Scanning Electron Microscopy Sales Expert is the key customer-facing member of the company's sales team for Electron Microscopy Sample Preparation solutions. This position creates and manages customer relationships, growing the sales opportunity funnel and ultimately achieving the orders and sales targets set forth for the territory.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly and annual orders and sales goals for the territory
- Achieve strategic product mix sales goals for the territory
- Consistently grow opportunity funnel through sales prospecting
- Identify and develop key accounts in the territory
- Follow-up marketing leads from potential customers within 1 business day of receipt
- Each sales rep needs to be able to comprehend and communicate to customers the applications aspects of our equipment.
- All sales activities are entered and tracked through Salesforce.com on a daily basis
- Perform demonstrations. Maintain demo equipment.
- Gains the technical close with the customer and manages each opportunity through the purchasing process
- Each sales rep completes some instrument installations in their assigned territory (time away from selling opportunities)
- Each sales rep completes some customer instrument training in their assigned territory
- BA/BS required, preferably in a science or engineering based program
- 2-5 years successful selling experience
- Electron Microscopy, Light Microscopy, Imaging and/or Sample
- Preparation capital equipment sales experience is highly preferred
- Travel (required estimated % of time)
- 50 - 80%, some of which will be overnight travel
skills: Sales Training
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.