We are seeking a bioanalytical senior scientist with significant LC-MS/MS method development experience to join our small molecule method development team. This position is in our Ithaca, New York location, one of the world's largest and most respected bioanalytical labs. The successful candidate will utilize state of the art bioanalytical instrumentation, gain experience in a leading global CRO while working with talented co-workers and clients around the globe.
The Senior Scientist, Method Development, is a key scientific position in the organization, part of the team responsible for small molecule method development activities. Your primary goal will be to develop methods that seamlessly transfer to our method validation team. Critical skills required of this position include the ability to efficiently develop rugged, innovative LC-MS/MS methods, being logical with excellent troubleshooting skills, being self-directed and action-oriented, being creative and flexible, possessing excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
location: Ithaca, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop reliable LC-MS/MS methods, including extraction, chromatographic and mass spectrometric procedures for challenging and complex methods.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, project management, and team members.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the method development processes to ensure successful method hand-off and validation.
- Function as scientific resource, including training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participating in facility-wide scientific initiatives.
- Utilize laboratory equipment including micropipettes, automated extraction instrumentation, centrifuges, glassware, notebooks, etc.
- Develop awareness of new technologies and participate in evaluation processes.
- Highly experienced in LC/MS theory and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry involved in bioanalytical method development procedures.
- Ability to analyze method development data and make sound conclusions.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions, including Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.