Are you looking to further your career with a cutting-edge organization. How about staying front and center on the latest gene therapy research? We represent a large gene therapy company in the greater Boston area who is looking for an individual to join their analytical development team.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $32.52 - 38.26 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The Protein Analytical Development group is seeking a highly motivated temp Associate Scientist for a Technical Investment project.
The candidate will develop methodology for the characterization of cell culture media components and cell metabolites, and perform their quantitation using LC-MS/MS method for studying the change of key media components and metabolites during cell culture and their relationship with cell culture performance.
- A BS, MS or PhD degree in analytical chemistry, analytical biochemistry or related disciplines with 2 plus years of relevant experience for BS candidates, or 1 plus years of relevant experience for MS candidates, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in analyses by LC and LC-MS.
- The ideal candidate would possess a strong background in analytical chemistry/biochemistry in the areas of mass spectrometry and HPLC.
- Knowledge in small molecule separation and mass spectrometry analysis is desired.
- The candidate should have excellent laboratory, computer, documentation, and organization skills, as well as good oral and written communication abilities.
- Position requires good experience in analytical techniques including liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS).
- Experience with mass spectrometry-based quantitation methods is desired but optional.
- The position is ideally suited for someone interested in getting industry experience prior to PhD graduation or recent graduates.
- The candidate is expected to start to work no later than Mar 15th, for a duration of 6 months.
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.