job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.05 - 53.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients' lives.
As a vital member of the Clinical Science (CLS) team, the Clinical Science Specialist partners with a Medical Director to uphold medical and scientific integrity during study planning and execution and participates in the day-to-day CLS medical monitoring deliverables. Responsibilities:
- Monitor patient eligibility, safety, and data and initiate appropriate action, as needed
- Ensure detail-oriented contributions are of high-quality and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide CLS input in all stages of the clinical trial, from start-up to close-out
- Represent CLS as a member of the Study Execution Team (SET)
- Impeccable ethics
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated, through past experience, ability to competently manage majority of CLS deliverables associated with assigned clinical studies
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and influencing skills: can influence without authority and has proven experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, evolving environment
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Strong business presentation skills: highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and decision points
- Confident and competent when interacting with varying levels of internal/external management, KOLs, etc.: stays focused and on-point, and is able to raise problems or challenges in a productive and mature manner
- Proven teamwork skills: has a proven track record of working highly effectively, efficiently and collaboratively with others. Has proven experience and skills working with multidisciplinary teams
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree preferred (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MSN, MPH, etc.)
- At least 4 years of clinical trial experience (minimum of 2 years of clinical trial experience in industry)
- Extensive experience with data listing review
- Experience in hemophilia and/or gene therapy desirable but not required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), EDC RAVE, Spotfire
skills: Clinical Data Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.