Great opportunity to join a leading vitamin producer. Responsible for the planning, ordering and tracking of packaging components. Will coordinate with suppliers and procurement.
location: Holbrook, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 31 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
1. Issue and track purchase order and related work orders for the department through efficient planning and flexible scheduling.
2. Interface with Component Buyers to insure on time delivery
3. Schedule delivery with the proper priority according to production schedule and inventory; clearly communicate this priority to the scheduler of the department.
4. Notify supervisor and other appropriate individuals of issues affecting production workflow through the assigned department. Initiate problem resolution.
5. Receive direction from Sales department regarding component priorities and requirements.
6. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
7. Complies with Company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
- An understanding of material requirements purchasing, planning and scheduling.
- 2 years related experience.
- Relevant industry experience with consumer packaged goods and consumer products.
- Knowledge and Experience with external planning tools (i.e. JDA, Oracle, SAP, Etc.) and/or Business Intelligence is beneficial. Associates Degree preferred
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external customers
- Have strong computer skills - MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
skills: ERP System, Import/Export, MRP (Material Requirements Planning)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.