Great opportunity to join a leading Flavor company! The Sensory Scientist is responsible for all aspects of sensory and consumer testing for the projects in all Company brands. The successful candidate works independently with minimal supervision and guidance and is responsible for utilizing their in-depth knowledge of consumer and analytical sensory methods to lead R & D initiatives. Closely collaborates with R & D managers and product developers to ensure critical business objectives are met. Designs sensory panels, trains all panelists and leads all panels. Strong interaction with internal cross functional teams, as well as external collaborators is critical.
location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Recruits, screens and trains sensory panelists using standardized sensory methodology; descriptive analysis, discrimination testing and consumer testing.
- Plans, organizes, and executes sensorial analysis in various food and beverage applications.
- Leads sensory activities and provides sensory support and expertise to innovation/renovation and shelf-life projects.
- Partners with management and scientists to develop sensory strategies in support of project deliverables to meet business needs.
- Works closely with product developers and scientists to design products for sensory and consumer testing and provides professional insights and recommendations.
- Identifies, makes assessments, resolves sensory issues, monitors panelist performance and participates in internal sensory panels.
- Analyzes and interprets sensory data which is critical to the progress of research projects, commercial ready products and product innovation, and effectively communicates the results.
- Coordinates the day-to-day sensory operations required for R&D with assistance from other functions with the efficient use of time and resources.
- Writes and maintains standard operating procedures and organizes data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in sensory evaluation in the consumer healthcare, food or beverage industry.
- Strong experience in sensory methodologies; QDA, Spectrum.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and the interpretation of sensory data (discrimination, descriptive and consumer).
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and record keeping, strong communication skills both written and verbal, and accepts accountability for their responsibilities.
- Proven experience with sensory software; Compusense, FIZZ.
- QA experience desired.
- Previous experience working with human subjects is required.
- Knowledge of Perception Science, Psychophysics and Molecular Sensory.
- Proficient in Microsoft office systems.
- Highly proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Enthusiasm for science, and is self-motivated to make significant contributions in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
skills: PCR, Biology, Chemistry, PCQI, RT-PCR, Sensory Analysis, SQF Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.