job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. As a passionate group of people leading the charge for better health options, our longtime partner puts patients first. They know that every one of our employees is essential to achieving this goal. If you want to work in a challenging environment that sets the stage for growth in your career, join our team today!
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 31.95 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- We are seeking a Discovery Operations Associate with experience in the daily operations that will support activities in the compound management lab facilitating the tasks of Biology, Chemistry, DMPK, and Translational Medicine departments. The candidate will be working closely with senior staff members and be accountable for the execution and handling of lab needs, including but not limited to: storage, inventory, distribution, and shipping of compounds, maintaining and fulfilling requests from the cell line repository, and requesting purchases of supplies.
- Supports the weekly compound processing including preparation of powders and DMSO stock solutions from in-house chemists, as well as local/international CRO/Collaborators; works collaboratively for the shipment/receipt of compounds, including verification, processing, and storage of samples
- Daily compound retrieval and distribution for assay screening upon established project workflows and one-off requests from various researchers to ensure on-time delivery to support Discovery departments; will work with automated liquid handlers and other instruments for daily tasks
- Maintenance of compound inventory for short/long term storage, and update sample tracking system with LIMS database and/or spreadsheets
- Inventory management of cell line repository. Quality control and maintenance of master and working cell line banks (BSL-1, BSL-2) for Discovery departments; Maintains end-to-end traceability of all biological materials and associated data sets (e.g. mycoplasma test results)
- Help support ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents using our web application (Quartzy) - receipt and delivery of incoming packages, checking for expired reagents, following up on orders, etc.; Good communication with staff and external vendors is essential
- A BS/MS or equivalent degree in chemistry and/or biological sciences with at least 3 years working full time in a laboratory setting either in an academia or industry
- Experience in robotics, such as automated storage systems and operating/programming various liquid handlers to facilitate compound sample processing is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with inventory/request database systems for compound and biological sample management is highly desirable
- Experience with shipping domestic and international packages; IATA certification or dangerous goods certification is preferred
- Good knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel) including purchasing process system (Microsoft Dynamics AX and Apttus) and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative drive to work with peers, partners, and others, including individuals outside of the team and functional area, to develop important relationships with staff and key stakeholders; should have good conflict management skills
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
- General knowledge of overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical and/or biotech organizations
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.