The successful candidate plays a critical role in a growing specialty flavor house and focuses on natural taste modulation to create unique solutions for the food and beverage industry. The candidate will be self-motivated, a natural leader, organized and detail oriented. As the technical expert in flavor creation, they will lead initiatives efficiently and successfully to complete projects starting with creative development on the bench to pilot plant application trials, through the manufacturing environment while working closely with Sales, Applications and Supply Chain team members.
location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Create new innovative flavor concepts to meet customer expectations in terms of quality, application and price or modify existing flavors to meet project requirements.
- Work closely with technology teams to translate new discovery compounds into finished flavor systems.
- Responsible for the evaluation and validation of flavor concepts in specific applications working closely with the Product Development Team.
- Responsible for creating commercially feasible flavors, adhering to formula guidelines, regulations and scale-up procedures.
- Apply sensory & analytical understanding and techniques into product evaluations interpreting the results and providing them to the project teams with recommendations for next steps.
- Undertake raw material & product stability trials using a range of analytical methodologies.
- Provide guidance to the Supply Team with quality issues with raw materials, processing or finished products.
- Contribute to the product libraries ensuring information is accurate, up-to-date and readily available.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Food Science/Technology is required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of flavor creation experience in the food industry with successful mentoring skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines and translate the results directly into new products to meet customer requirements.
- Certified Member of the Flavorist Chemist Society preferred.
skills: FDA, Chemistry, Food Product Development, Sensory Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.