job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $33.52 - 39.44 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
The Research Associate, Analytical Development will be responsible for 1) supporting analytical method development activities 2) Support troubleshooting of analytical lab equipment (HPLC). 3) Collaborate with various analytical science teams to support maintenance of HPLC/UPLC systems 4) Act as a point of contact to oversee work maintenance activities of instrumentation in analytical development laboratories conducted by contractors. Position requires approximately 80% time on hands-on bench work with the remainder performed in an office setting.
- Support analytical method development activities to include: mobile phase preparation, sample preparation, acquisition, processing, and reporting of HPLC data in support of starting materials and oligonucleotide characterization
- Understand and apply advanced scientific principles, theories, concepts, practices and standards to process and analytical development.
- Identify impurity profiles and provide data to set impurity limits for starting materials, raw materials and intermediates.
- Perform instrument troubleshooting of HPLC and UPLC instruments
- Author method development reports for test methods and document all activities performed. Evaluate suitability of new methods, and assist method transfer, qualification and validation at the suppliers' and CMO sites. Support technical troubleshooting of assays at external vendors as required via internal testing.
- Perform testing and support innovative projects to expand upon the broader scientific knowledge in the area of expertise. Support the advance of scientific technology and instrumentation in AD.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- High school degree with >1.5 years of laboratory experience with demonstrated scientific knowledge and appropriate recommendations
- Technical experience in electronics and informatics preferred
- Self-motivated, excellent communication, documentation, writing and reviewing skills.
- Experience in characterization of liquid chromatography separation systems (hardware) and evaluating their impact on method transfer to external labs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Waters and Agilent (U)HPLC hardware. Familiarity with Empower, Masslynx, Masshunter, and XCalibur CDS are preferred.
skills: HPLC, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.