The senior associate will provide operations and project support for all four of the biomedical grant programs, and will assist the staff in developing, processing and maintaining information related to all aspects of the programs. This will include working in program databases, updating and building upon the program related websites and online applications and preparing presentation materials and publications as needed by the program. The senior associate will assist with creating reports from incoming applications; generating reports and lists from databases using Access and Excel as requested; and assisting with the development and implementation of new initiatives in the biomedical programs area.
The position will support all aspects of the four grant programs, including institutional outreach, coordinating the online applications, responding to applicant queries, and tracking grantee news and publications and work with the communications team to draft content for the web site. Additionally, they will assist with scientific conference planning including agenda development and materials preparation.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for an annual intake of four online applications and upkeep of grants management system software and reviewing applications for completeness and eligibility and match applications with reviewers based on the area of expertise.
- Responsible for tracking grantee news, including publications and award information.
- Create reports and outreach materials for donor partners on applicants and grantees.
- Maintain online web sites and directories and work with IT staff.
- Responsible for coordinating, developing, and handling all data reports and material requests from communications and philanthropic partnership staff.
- Draft and prepare media presentations, press releases, and printed materials as needed.
- Work with Washington, D.C., staff to ensure communication between offices is open, positive, and constructive.
- Represent the company in a positive, helpful, respectful, and considerate manner in their interactions.
- Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree, preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. in a field related to life sciences preferred.
- At least four years of applicable experience directly related to life sciences.
- Experience working with the scientific community and broad scientific knowledge preferred.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent written and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, articulate, confident, strategic and socially intelligent.
- Ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems and processes.
- Proactive and conscientious approach to work.
- Able to build rapport and develop productive relationships with internal staff and external constituents.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Flexible and able to routinely juggle multiple competing priorities and work in teams of both support and senior staff to meet project goals.
- Adept at preparing presentations in Keynote, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite products.
skills: Biomedical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.