Are you a Product Development Engineer looking for a new career change? Do you have significant experience with silicone release coating formulations and coating process development? Have you brought an idea from product design concept through commercialization? If the answer is yes, this position may be a fit for you!
location: Quakertown, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Product/process design, coating formulation development/optimization, product scale-up and commercialization and ongoing manufacturing support for a silicone release liner product line
- Use scientific method/principles and/or principles/techniques of Statistical Design of Experiments to plan, conduct laboratory and machine trial experiments in support of new product/process development
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all manufacturing equipment and processes
- Support all silicone release liner manufacturing-related activities in a process development / manufacturing support engineering capacity;
- Act as a liaison/key player in the interaction with Customers, Outside Suppliers, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations;
- Support product scale-up and commercialization activities at the site
- Build Technical and Quality Control specifications for products and processes
- Troubleshoot product and component manufacturing processes.
- B.S. degree (Advanced Degree is preferred) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field, with a minimum of 10 years of coating formulation / coating process development experience
- M.S. with 7 years coating formulation and coating process development experience
- Or Ph.D. with 5 years of coating formulation and coating process development experience
- Possesses and applies expert knowledge of coating fluids and mechanical properties of polymeric materials
- Subject matter expert in silicone release chemistry (solvent-less, aqueous emulsion), with extensive experience in silicone release liner coating and process development
- Track record of delivering new products meeting defined product specifications, cost targets and defined time-lines
- Broad knowledge of coating application/drying fundamentals, with elements of process development is preferred; 3 and 5-roll coating application experience is highly desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, and computer skills
- Candidate must be comfortable interacting with members of various internal departments
skills: Analytical Chemistry, Assay Method, Design Engineering, Process Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.