job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 28.35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The position of Chemist II is to support commercial and late-stage manufacturing of therapeutic proteins and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) utilizing both laboratory and manufacturing scale competencies.
- Execute lab experiments for process development of protein purification and/or ADC unit operations (e.g. column chromatography, depth and membrane filtrations, including sample handling, solution preparation, etc.)
- Execute, analyze and optimize conjugation chemistry reactions
- Execute sample analysis (e.g. pH, conductivity measurement, UV spectrum, HPLC, ELISA, etc.)
- Assist in process optimization / continuous improvement activities
- Interpret data accurately and independently, with supervisor input
- Document work appropriately in electronic notebook
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports, technical memos and presentations
- Execute data review for technical reports
- Maintain and troubleshoot lab equipment and identify and implement lab optimization projects
- Assist in process qualification activities: request/obtain/aliquot samples from manufacturing suites; request/submit samples to/from analytical groups and obtain analytical results
- Execute CPV-compliant trending program for commercial project(s): gather data from the manufacturing suites, enter/verify data in data trending systems
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific or engineering discipline (preferably Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biosciences/Bioengineering) with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Chromatography workstation experience (programming and running), esp. w/ AKTA / Avant
- Theoretical understanding of protein separation methods
- Practical knowledge of protein purification unit operations (chromatography, filtration and UF/DF)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.