job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 50.53 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Independently use appropriate experimental design to accomplish an assigned series of interconnected experiments to address specific research questions or to implement new methodologies.
- Independently operating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems with biochemical/biophysical experiments with minimal supervision.
- Perform a wide variety of technical procedures and operate a wide variety of lab instrumentation/computer platforms.
- Assist in developing methods to improve existing techniques and/or efficiencies.
- Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summaries).
- Effectively analyze and summarize experimental plans and outcomes.
- Correctly interpret data.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and for inclusion in project reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences, or
- BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 2+ years laboratory experience.
- Experience with modern protein analytical techniques is beneficial (chromatography, light scattering methodologies, fluorescence spectroscopy, FTIR, LC-MS, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with applicable current scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline.
- Investigate and aid in development of new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Possess basic working knowledge of general chemistry and biology/biochemistry.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Comply with Company safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Company Core Competencies.
- Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, train new technicians, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.