job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 23.44 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated ligand binding assay Associate Scientist to join the DMPK-BA department at Company Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA.
- The LBA Bioanalytical group at ABC DMPK conducts quantitative bioanalysis assay of large molecule therapeutics like mAb, ADC, fusion protein and bi-specifics for PK, PD and TK studies using ligand binding assays to support drug discovery and early development efforts.
- The main responsibilities of the Associate Scientist I include: Sample analysis using ligand binding assay, generate high quality bioanalytical data enable data summary and PK analysis. Sample and reagent management using electronic tools including LIMS. Fecal sample processing following environment health safety guidelines.
- Plan and execute experiments based bioanalytical protocol and in vivo study design.
- Analyze pre-clinical in vivo samples based on operational schedule.
- Qualify ligand binding assay based on BA protocol, interpret result and make decision on assay readiness.
- Data archiving in ELN and LIMS.
- Effectively communicate experimental plan, and results orally and in writing. Contribute to technical report writing.
- Sample management in LIMS.
- Write, and update experimental protocols and procedures with supervision.
- Initiate, design, interpret, troubleshoot operational assay independently and efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in biology, chemistry or pharmacology.
- 0-2 years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology industry experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory equipment with independence.
- Experience in automated ligand binding workflow is highly desirable.
- Experience in data driven troubleshooting ligand binding assay is highly desirable.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to draft technical reports.
- Proficiency with computers and data analysis software including Excel and LIMS
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
skills: Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.