job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18.00 - 21.79 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- DDST has an opening for an Associate Scientist II/Scientist I in the Organic Chemistry area. This position will provide opportunities to learn how to work in an organic chemistry laboratory and use multiple programs associated with compound registration.
- Register and return known compounds to the Company chemical repository
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to Company policies.
- AS or BS in Organic Chemistry or closely related field with 0+ years (AS) or (BS)
- Hands-on experience with organic compounds in an organic synthesis laboratory
- Ability to accurately transfer and weigh out compounds in a laboratory setting
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety software platforms
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively
- Experience with working with a variety of different computer programs
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.