Seeking an individual who is highly motivated and looking to gain experience with a CRO. This person will conduct and assist in the performance and conduct of acute inhalation studies.
location: Dayton, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Conduct all the daily activities related to inhalation studies.
- Act proactively to identify and solve problems and/or potential problems that may arise during each inhalation study.
- Set up and conduct experiments in accordance with Protocols and SOPs
- Efficiently conduct inhalation studies with minimal supervision.
- Accurately perform and record all animal: weights, doses, observations, evaluation of responses, necropsies and tissue collections.
- Accurately dispense, grind and prepare test materials for dosing.
- Maintain meticulous and precise records of all experiments in accordance with GLP's.
- Follow all safety requirements.
- Learn to conduct all the toxicology studies
- The Scientist must join the weekend work rotation, after cross-training and certification.
- Help during Sub-chronic necropsies and other studies, as needed.
- Assist in the writing of reports, protocols and SOP's.
- Write-out necessary amendments and deviations.
- Revise, update and maintain the study data packs.
- Ability to safely wear a respirator required
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Toxicology, Animal Science, Biology, or Laboratory Animal Medicine is strongly preferred, equivalent hands-on laboratory experience may also be taken into consideration.
- Two or more years of experience in conducting standard acute toxicology tests is strongly desired.
skills: Toxicology, Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.