job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $24.58 - 28.92 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
Join a team dedicated to supporting downstream process development and other activities within Biologics Purification Development (R&D)
- Independently performs tasks which include preparation of buffer solutions, cleaning and sanitization of labware, equipment preparation and sterilization, and assistance with ordering, stocking and organizing chemical and non-chemical supplies.
- Clean and organize laboratories, common equipment, lab areas, and other parts of the building as needed.
- Depending on performance, responsibilities may expand to include activities such as packing of chromatography columns, execution of chromatography and filtration operations, execution of analytical assays (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE), and/or execution of scientific experiments.
- May involve work with hazardous materials.
- On the job training will be provided.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Requires a minimum High School diploma/GED or AS degree and a minimum of 0-3 years laboratory experience
- A general knowledge of laboratory procedures, equipment and terminology.
- Able to carry out tasks according to verbal and written instructions.
- Should be able handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and effective communication and teamwork skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and care for laboratory equipment.
- Requires physical demands of lifting up to ~25 pounds.
skills: HPLC, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.