job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 28.35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The Protein Analytics Department is responsible for the development, execution and qualification of analytical methods for protein characterization, works closely with Quality Control for method transfer, and supports bioprocess development.
- The candidate will be responsible for executing high-throughput and automated capillary electrophoresis, chromatographic and spectroscopic based methods to support the cell line development, cell culture development and purification development for product quantitation, product quality and process impurities for biologic molecules.
- The candidate will be the part of high-throughput analytics and automation group (HTTAG) within Protein Analytics department that is mainly focused in supporting routine analytical testing in addition to the method development and implementation of various spectroscopic platforms and instruments (CE-SDS, UPLC, HPLC and mass spectrometry), high throughput analytical platforms (Octet-384, GXII-Touch, Maurice, iCE3) and various robotic liquid handlers (Protein Maker, Hamilton Star, Tecan) to better understand Company early and late phase products and processes throughout the drug development lifecycle.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced with one or more analytical assays including measurement for product quantitation (titer), product qualities (glycan analysis, charge variant analysis, aggregation, and impurities) and process impurities (host cell protein, residual Protein A ) and understanding of ELN (electronic notebook). The candidate must be a goal oriented team player with excellent communication and presentation skills, organization skills and be able to adapt to a timeline oriented work environment.
- BS or MS degree in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, biophysics, or related disciplines with 1-4 year (BS) or 0-2 year (MS) of experience in industry or academia.
- Experience with one or more analytical instruments including UPLC/HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS, robotic liquid handler and bioinformatics/data automation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.