As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $44.75 - 56.16 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, protein/viral vector purification, and biochemical/biophysical assays. This person should be able to maintain up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members.
- Packaging, purification and analytical characterization of AAV-based vectors
- Support the development of new protocols for AAV production, purification and characterization
- Manage external CROs for plasmid/vector production
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records
- Present data to team members
- Degree in Biotechnology, Biology or related field 3-5 (MS) or 6-8 (BS) years of industry experience
- Solid hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and chromatography purification (AKTA)
- Experience with large scale protein/virus production and purification highly desirable
skills: Assay Development, Chromatography, Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.