As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $41.77 - 49.14 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The company is looking for a Temporary Contract Specialist to join our Genetic and Neurodevelopment Research Unit.
- Execute in vitro experiments and collect data in support of drug discovery programs for neurodevelopmental disorders and genetic epilepsy, including but not limited to, RNA extraction, RT-qPCR, NGN2 iPSC cell culture, western blots, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy.
- Skilled experimentation: independent experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- Preparation and delivery of effective presentations at team and project meetings.
- Research of pertinent literature to inform on methodologies and biology
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail.
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology and biochemical techniques: qRT-PCR, RNA extraction and quantitation, cell culture and aseptic techniques, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, protein extraction, and Western Blot.
- In vivo expertise preferred including animal handling techniques, basic and advanced dosing techniques, surgical skills, tissue collection and processing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, commitment towards achievement of set goals, and capacity to maintain detailed written records of research.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills of technical work.
- Collaborative team member within the Genetic and Neurodevelopment unit and across functions in executing on priorities.
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, In Vitro, In Vivo, Cell Cultures, RT-PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.