job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $36.51 - 42.95 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Description
The Research Associate II (RA-II) will be the lead contributor to a Biopharmaceutical Drug Product development project (including Gene Therapy, Protein therapeutics, etc) and will be responsible for stability testing, formulation screening and container closure selection. Successful candidate is expected to work with internal and external partners to timely and comprehensively address stability and compatibility aspects using established assays, across a variety of technological platforms and disciplines (biochemical, molecular biology, biophysical, and analytical). Prior experience in developing molecular biology, analytical and biophysical methods for accelerated (high throughput) protein characterization, formulation screening and candidate selection is a plus. Key expectation and training include execution of stability studies under various formulation conditions comprising of gene therapy capsids or protein/enzyme sample preparation, testing, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Planning, prioritization and initiation of concurrent experimental procedures for multiple programs to ensure their timely completion is essential.
- The RA-II should have good communication skills (oral and written), a strong work ethic, and good documentation practices including laboratory notebook maintenance, and compilation and presentation of data.
- The RA-II is also expected to work well with others and have the flexibility and adaptability needed in a fast-paced team environment.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- A M.S. degree or equivalent in pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, chemical engineering or any related discipline and 3-6 years of relevant laboratory experience or a B.S. degree or equivalent in pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a related discipline and 5-8 years of relevant laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Any prior experience in formulation and process development of biological modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, enzymes, viral gene therapy, etc
- Understanding of formulation and container closure selection
- Experience with automated systems and plate-based high throughput methodologies
- Experience with statistical and multi-variate data analysis with commercial software packages
- Comfortable with basic coding in Python, Matlab or other programming languages
skills: Biology, Chemistry, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.