job summary: Are you a creative and self-motivated scientist looking for for your next role with novel gene therapies?
If so, this may be the position for you! We're seeking a person who will implement their knowledge to successfully execute AAV upstream process development.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Actively contribute to the process development to optimize upstream process to increase AAV yield and quality.
- Develop and implement in-process assays.
- Write review and revise master production records. Support tech transfer and on-going activities with external collaborators and service providers (CMOs, CROs).
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed records of work; communicate and present findings in internal and external meetings.
- Ph.D. in virology or a related field with 2-3 years industry experience, or M.S. with 3 years of industry experience manufacturing AAV vectors for clinical and research applications.
- Knowledge and experience with AAV biology.
- Working experience with process development is required.
- Hand on experiences with AAV production using triple transfection of mammalian cells or using insect cells are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team is essential; possess self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaborations skills are required.
- Scientific background in gene therapies is a plus.
skills: Biology, Microbiology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.