job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 47.85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Designing, executing and reporting biotransformation studies to support drug discovery/development and regulatory filings. Develop LC-MS methods for separation and structural identification of multiple metabolites from various matrices
- Good understanding of organic/structural elucidation chemistry, xenobiotic and extra hepatic metabolism is required
- Hands on experience in operation, maintenance & trouble shooting of LC-MS instruments of multiple vendors (Sciex/Thermo) and associated softwares. Adept to automation
- Designing and implementing appropriate assays and strategy to support the development of small molecules, peptides and other novel modalities. Evaluating new technologies
- Establish DMPK screening criteria for new discovery projects
- Maintain accurate records and write in vitro ADME reports for in-house studies
- PhD degree (1-3 years) B.S. or MS degree (5-7 years) equivalent in drug metabolism, small molecules or relevant industrial experience in drug discovery/development
- Prior experience with HPLC and LC-MS and familiarity with AB Sciex and/or Thermo Orbitrap high resolution mass spectrometry instruments are a must
- Experience in utilizing radio-labeled material would be preferred
- The candidate must be able to analyze data and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentation. Experience with various scientific data base is a plus
- The individual is also expected to be organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.