Looking for licensed Medical Techs, with a specialty in Chemistry, to join a growing a team at one of the area's premiere hospitals. We are looking for candidates with a wide range of experience levels to join the team.
Candidates will be expected to performs chemistry, immunology and serology testing using automated and manual techniques.
location: White Plains, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
- Understands and adheres to the Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Analyze blood, body fluids and urine specimens according to the established procedures of the Chemistry Department.
- Evaluates test results for abnormalities and/or significant variations and confirms and/or corrects before releasing.
- Notifies appropriate patient care areas of critical and STAT results
- Performs and documents all routine preventive maintenance and basic trouble-shooting procedures on instrumentation.
- Follows Chemistry department policies and protocols as applicable to specimen handling and processing.
- Follows Chemistry department procedures as applicable to instrument calibration and evaluation of QC results.
- Exhibits logical deductive processes when assessing test results.
- Initiates appropriate interaction with supervisory staff and/or vendor technical support when necessary to troubleshoot.
- Participates in external NYS and CAP proficiency testing, as well as internal proficiency.
- Participates in the evaluation of new products and procedures.
- Assists with staff training.
- Complies with all regulatory standards
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Current NYS Clinical Technologist License required
- B.S. degree in Clinical Technology or related science, with at least one year of relevant hospital experience
- ASCP or NCA certification strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.