Looking for licensed Medical Techs, to join a growing a team at one of the area's premiere hospitals. We are looking for candidates with a wide range of experience levels to join the team.
Performs Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Chemistry and Blood Bank (when applicable) testing using automated and manual techniques on a regular basis.
location: White Plains, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
- Understands and adheres to the Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Demonstrate knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Attend staff meetings and in-services
- Completes annual competency requirements
- Ability to use laboratory computer system
- Produce work free of technical and clerical error
- Evaluate integrity of specimens and validity of test results
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory instrumentation
- Perform and document QC and remedial action when necessary
- Successfully complete both internal and external proficiency testing
- Prioritize workload and tasks
- Inform supervisors of problems in a timely manner
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Current NYS Medical Technologist License required
- B.S. or A.S. degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science with one year of relevant hospital experience
- ASCP or NCA certification strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.