job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: East Hanover, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $34.73 - 40.86 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
The Manager for the Oncology Office of Grants and Education (OGE) is responsible for the review and rendering of decisions around continuing medical education activities as well as providing oversight of supported activities within assigned therapeutic areas of interest.
This position entails effectively interfacing and collaborating with key stakeholders including: Ethics & Compliance, Legal, Medical Affairs, Scientific Operations, Oncology Patient Advocacy, General Medicine's Grant Office (NOGE), and Finance.
- Develop, maintain and execute comprehensive medical education plans for assigned therapeutic areas.
- Serve as OGE participant on cross-functional medical product teams to align and focus medical education plans with medical strategies
- Manage budget for assigned therapeutic area(s) ensuring that funding is allocated within budget and according to medical education plans.
- Review and render timely grant dispositions related to assigned therapeutic area(s) via Grants Central Station.
- Provide oversight for supported continuing medical education initiatives related to assigned therapeutic areas, including compliance oversight of patient advocacy grants.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure department and organization comply with all internal and external requirements (ie Sunshine, CIA, ACCME, company policy).
- Ensure 100% compliance with OGE SOPs, regulatory, industry, and OIG guidelines.
- Track measurable outcomes; ensure grant reconciliations are received and reviewed as per policy.
- Receive, review and render timely dispositions of Medical Sponsorship requests.
- Prepare and present grants to the Grants Review Committee (GRC).
- Demonstrate a working scientific knowledge related to assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Stay abreast of emerging compliance, regulatory, and CME trends.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- HCP: RN / PharmD / PhD - Life Sciences / MD
- BS in a scientific discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience
- Prior experience in oncology and/or accredited provider/pharmaceutical/med device grants department preferred
- Understanding of PhRMA, OIG, and ACCME guidelines and policies as well as other regulatory, legal, ethics/compliance guidelines/regulatory
skills: SOP, Regulatory Affairs Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.