job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.97 - 34.09 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
This position will serve as a Scientific Submissions Specialist for the US Oncology Field Medial Team. The primary duty for this position will be to provide quality control support for promotional materials by ensuring reference literature accuracy. The position will also provide support for submissions to the medical materials review process and oversight for the upload and organization of the team's field materials.
- PRB Process Support - Check references of promotional materials versus literature publications to ensure accuracy. Provide support for medical director reviews of promotional materials
- Medical Materials Review Process Support - Submit materials for review on behalf of field team personnel. Manage submissions for accuracy. Shepherd submissions through the submissions process.
- Pitcher Application Support - Ensure accuracy of all materials in the pitcher system. Upload new materials to the pitcher system. Manage materials in the pitcher system.
- Congress Support - Position will aid planning the team's support of regional congresses when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or clinical discipline
- Experience examining and reading scientific literature
- Demonstrated ability to utilize web-based IT applications
- Strong technology skills and a track record of quickly learning new IT systems
- Demonstrated ability to ensure quality and accuracy of submissions
- Demonstrated ability to act proactively in the workplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Further Qualifications
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with Masters or advanced degrees
- Special consideration given to candidates with prior experience working with promotional review (PRB), medical materials review (MMRC), or similar processes
- Prior industry experience a plus
- Prior experience in medical affairs a plus
- Prior oncology experience a plus
- Willingness to grow role and learn new skills a plus
- Provide capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated system(s). Identify trends or problems.
- Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the system.
- Maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, stage and production systems.
- Ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance.
- Ensure continuity of the business processes supported by one or many applications/services.
- Ensure continuity and quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms.
- Track progress and escalate as appropriate unless resolution reached.
- Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components. This includes applications, web server components and databases. Ensure application and service processes and outputs are error free and complete.
- Identify faults and issues and recommend appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested.
- Manage change control implications for designated systems.
- Contribute to process development and best practice.
- Look at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability.
- Ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
- Review and ensure complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications.
- Keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Undertake advanced administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
- Support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
- Participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team.
- Years of Experience: 0 - 3 Years
skills: Quality control, Submissions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.