job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $51.77 - 60.91 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Supports a broad variety of research studies to assess the value of health care interventions.
- Works with project teams to manage the day-to-day activities of studies.
- Collaborates with Medical and Marketing staff to ensure consistent Outcomes Research messages. Database analysis, chart reviews, patient surveys, literature reviews, decision models, budget impact models, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, product strategic planning, and cost-effectiveness analyses. Assists in the process of abstracts/posters, PowerPoint presentations and publications.
- Manages relationships/coordinates activities such as advisory panels and best practice sharing with users of the program.
- Conduct literature reviews and other background research needed for various regulatory documents and regulatory requests including
- Epidemiology sections of the Risk Management Plans (RMP), Pediatric Investigational Plans (PIP), Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSUR)/Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRER) and orphan drug applications
- Epidemiology sections for other regulatory documents (e.g. ad-hoc regulatory requests)
- Provide critical assessment of epidemiological data and literature relevant to safety issues.
- Produce written summaries of literature assessments, focusing on synthesis of the body of references.
- Maintain version control of documents and facilitate multiple rounds of review and revision.
- As needed, conduct quantitative analyses of public use and private data sources
- As needed, assist Epidemiologist with other Epidemiology deliverables, requiring literature review and summary, for development and product teams, including:
- Epidemiology Research Strategy
- Background epidemiology studies, natural history of disease studies and user characterization studies
- Post-approval safety studies and their feasibility assessments
- Other epidemiology studies (e.g. special subpopulations, new indications)
- Support multiple product teams on epidemiology-related issues as needed
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Works under supervision of Epidemiologists.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Doctorate degree or Doctoral student in Epidemiology. Will consider MPH degrees with several years of work experience.
- 1 or more years of work experience in epidemiology (in academia, pharmaceutical, regulatory agency, public sector, or other settings).
- Familiarity with online medical literature search engines (e.g. PubMed, EMBASE, OVID, TDR's Incidence Prevalence Database).
- Ability to critically appraise medical literature and synthesize a large numbers of studies.
- In-depth understanding of and expertise in epidemiologic methods, including observational and experimental study designs and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at producing tables, figures, and slides.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Years of Experience 5-7.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.