job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: East Hanover, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $55.16 - 64.90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
The Value Delivery Office oversees and enhances the executional certainty of the entire GDO portfolio of transformation, innovation, change initiatives and the company's lighthouse programs such as MOTION and STRIDE.
The Global VDO Program Lead is accountable for managing and executing programs (portfolio of projects) through expert knowledge and consultative methods, thereby enabling the organization meets its objectives. The role brings technical expertise including end-to-end project management / Lean six sigma / Agile, business transition and transformation, design thinking, solution/process design/modelling, robotic/automation/digital and consulting/facilitation support.
The position also requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a heavily networked environment. Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills are necessary, as well as an ability to make progress in an environment where there can be significant ambiguity. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels, working in a "hands on" and practical way.
- Program management leadership of cross-functional, strategic, high-business value projects for
- Global Development Operations with measureable added business value outcomes and benefits
- Drive strategic, centralized operational excellence improvement initiatives on GDD and GDO level focused on process re-engineering; producing deliverables such as the project charter, project, plan, change management plan, integrated risk register and business benefit case
- Drive business transformation in a heavily matrixed environment
- Apply disciplined, best-in-class project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, or equivalent) to the delivery of complex and high visibility projects providing rigorous project planning, risk management, project controls and re-porting following the Project Management framework
- Act as Scrum Master overseeing daily standups, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives
- Provide senior level, cross-unit and function (up to DCN - 1 level) stakeholder management to effectively manage change and proactively identify risks and mitigations
- Understand vision, strategic imperatives, business drivers, and changing landscape. Challenge assumptions of senior stakeholders in order uncover hidden risks and build realistic plans
- Lead cross-functional, global teams in support of initiative objectives
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple (2-3+) projects at one time
- Develop ideas for changes in process, methods, organization, location, tools and measures of success for achieving business excellence
- Utilize process improvement methodologies and best practices (e.g. IQP, Lean six sigma, etc.)
- Help develop and maintain core team processes
- Prepare roadmap reports for projects to all stakeholders, including engaging with Sr. management stakeholders
- Deputize for VDO Global Head
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- PMP, PMI, PRINCE2, SCRUM or other relevant certifications
- Postgraduate degree in technical or business discipline
- Management consulting in Pharma development organizations
- At least 3-5 years senior level experience in drug development or related experience. Familiar with both operational and scientific aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record in working across a matrix organization and demonstrates expert skills in building partnerships, negotiating agreements; excels at collaboration with diverse internal and external organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to naturally bridge scientific and business participants; Track record in enabling effective international collaboration.
- Data-driven decision making, with a strong understanding / competency of new technologies, data science and digital
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and motivate the team to do the same. Strong results driven leadership style. Ability to develop bold ideas and take calculated risks
- Outstanding verbal and written communications. Ability to communicate, motivate with a persuasive, credible presentation style
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma
- Strong delivery oriented, results driven leadership style with experience in Agile methodology
- Strong leadership and ability to manage and influence matrix organizational teams in global setting and proven ability to develop high performing teams and diverse profiles
- Significant experience, and proven ability to effectively engage & manage associates from widely varying backgrounds & functions within a dispersed and highly matrixed organization
- Strong relationship building skills, can influence, negotiate with and motivate senior leaders
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to adapt, willing to speak-up and challenge
- Excellent presentation oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to adapt to change, willing to speak-up and challenge
- 5-10+ years of project management experience, delivering cross-functional technology solutions in a variety of different styles (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience managing teams of 10+ associates
- Further education in Change management, Facilitation /Coaching
skills: Project Management, PMP, Regulatory Affairs Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.