As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Norwood, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 3
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
We are working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines. We're seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to reside in our Technical Development organization in Norwood, MA. This role will support the early phase process development of our mRNA-based medicines to enable our clinical supply and pipeline. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with multiple examples of a strong technical background and leadership in process development.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, will have relevant academic and/or industrial experience in large molecule bioprocessing, and will be able to contribute to both process development and commercialization related activities. This is a lab?based role with possible supervisory responsibility for high?performing junior team members. We seek applicants who are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with a strong attention to detail. Significant bioprocess development experience with standard bioprocess unit operations (e.g. reactions, mixing, chromatography, tangential flow and/or filtration) is expected. The position will support cross-functional teams across CMC, Research & Development, Preclinical & GMP Manufacturing, Quality, and Analytical Development.
- Develop robust, scalable, and well-characterized processes for manufacturing mRNA
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for process innovation and improvement
- Develop and optimize mRNA production and purification methodologies
- Identify and/or optimize unit operations to improve robustness, cycle time, throughput, and cost while maintaining product quality
- Support implementation of novel process solutions into Preclinical & GMP manufacturing
- Represent the mRNA process development group in cross-functional program teams and translate project goals into actionable plans
- Lead successful execution and analysis of process development and characterization experiments
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the design of process equipment and control strategies
- Prioritize work and leadership across multiple process development and manufacturing programs
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering, biological engineering or a related discipline with 0?2 years of relevant industry experience, or MS with minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience with enzymatic reactions, enzyme kinetics, and/or nucleotide chemistry
- Experience with purification techniques (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP) for macromolecules such as RNA, DNA, proteins/antibodies, peptides
- Experience in early discovery, preclinical drug development, and/or early phase process development
- Familiarity with AKTA FPLC and tangential flow filtration (TFF)
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as U/HPLC, LC/MS, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, and qPCR
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional leadership, prioritization, and project management skills
- Ability to effectively document and communicate results
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to support colleagues across the organization and a demonstrated aptitude for team and employee development
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
skills: Molecular Biology, HPLC, Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.