The Sanitation Superintendent is responsible for implementing and maintaining sanitation programs designed to ensure continuous production while meeting customer specifications and maintaining plant cleanliness and food safety.
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Monitors day-to-day operations to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Analyzes weekly swab analysis for root cause and corrective action.
- Ensures the proper training of sanitation employees.
- Monitors procedures to ensure food safety standards and operations standards are adhered to.
- Communicates directly with the USDA Inspector to ensure follow through on corrective actions.
- Confers with management, quality assurance, operations, maintenance, and warehouse to improve sanitation standards, improve purity of the product and eliminate recurring problems.
- Ensures proper follow up on all customer and regulatory issues to prepare for inspections and audits.
- Ensures plant compliance with sanitation procedures and safety programs, including recordkeeping, SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), MCS's (Master Cleaning Schedules) and chemical safety.
- Reviews and update all MCS's to ensure the sanitation of equipment is completed and is in good working condition.
- Reviews production schedule to establish, plan and adjust work hours for completion of job assignments.
- Masters Degree in Food Science or other related fields.
- Five (5) years Sanitation experience in a food manufacturing facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
- Previous USDA experience required.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.