job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: East Hanover, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $59.50 - 70.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Product and disease state expert within MIC, providing strategic input and direction to internal colleagues.
- Reviews promotional materials as a member of the product-specific Materials Approval Process (MAP) team. Also reviews non-promotional tools through eMed.
- Responds to product inquiries from external and internal customers. A member of the Medical Product Team.
- Creates, maintains, reviews, and approves product Medical Response Documents.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of product dossiers.
- Captures potential adverse events, and provides disease state and product training to internal groups.
- Takes initiative and works independently requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates superior performance in the medical information role. Is a resource to other MIC colleagues, provides guidance, coaching and mentoring and acts as a role model to MIC colleagues.
- Be key contact for MIC to answer brand-specific questions and craft/review answers given to external customers
- Medical Reviewer for promotional and non-promotional materials (member of Materials Approval Process [MAP] and eMed)
- Respond to medical/scientific inquiries by searching, retrieving evaluating and summarizing the relevant information from in-house and external sources.
- Receive medical/scientific inquiries regarding marketed products and products being prepared for launch
- Review and Approve Medical Response documents for assigned products
- Based on issues identified in trials, develop product Scientific Q&A documents that can be adapted at time of launch or for business critical topics
- Collaborates closely with critical Medical Unit and brand team members
- Review analyses of customer requests for feedback and input to brand strategy
- Support internal training by providing MIM and RTMI team support
- Co-ordinate input from appropriate company personnel and global MI TA team to be incorporated into responses
- Create and update responses to maintain a current and accurate information resource for all internal customers.
- Work with clinical research teams to identify and track clinical use issues raised during trial programs that need to be addressed for launch
- Review responses with MIC Director and other Medical personnel as appropriate
- Identify and champion best practice examples in MIC
- Provide information support for commercial activities of the Brand Team (literature updates, summarized enquiry issues; competitor intelligence)
- Be a resource and provides appropriate coaching and mentoring to MIC colleagues (e.g., MRD creation, MAP interaction, MPT contributions)
- Responsible for Project management related to TA or department initiatives
- Acts as deputy to the Director
- May be granted limited supervisory responsibility within the respective team over an MIM level colleague or student/fellow/intern as part of leadership development
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- PharmD, MD or healthcare-related PhD (Bachelor degree in pharmacy with significant industry based medical information experience also acceptable)
- Advanced degree or training in particular relevant therapeutic area desirable
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience; minimum 2-3 years in MIM role or equivalent Medical Information experience
- Management experience
- CPO Medical Department experience
- Fluent English
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional team
- Business knowledge and commercial marketing understanding
skills: Advisory committee
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.