job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $33.60 - 39.53 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This position is within the Analytical Development group for protein therapeutics in early stage development (Phase I/II). The candidate will be responsible for:
1. Develop and qualify analytical methods involving spectrophotometry, gel and capillary electrophoresis, liquid chromatography (IEX, SEC and reversed-phase separations), and mass spectrometry for the purposes of drug substance and/or drug product lot release and stability testing
2. Participate in sample testing under cGMP environment and ensure the test is performed within the test window and the results are correctly entered into LIMS system in a timely manner.
3. Author assay development reports, assay qualification protocols, assay qualification reports, and SOPs.
4. Comply with departmental SOPs, safety guidelines, and other applicable regulations.
- The successful candidate must be able to work effectively under minimal supervision, as well as handling multi-tasks spontaneously and meeting timelines efficiently and productively.
- The position will allow the successful applicant to gain experience developing assays for the analysis of biopharmaceutical agents aimed at tackling important and debilitating diseases, and it is a great opportunity for any prospective research associate interested in starting a career in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Protein Biochemistry or related discipline
- Experience: 0 to 3 years.
- The preferred candidate should have a fundamental knowledge of cGMP, strong technical skills in protein separations such as HPLC, cIEF, and CE-SDS, and excellent compliance and organizational skills.
- A proficiency using Word and Excel for technical documentation is desired as well as the ability to write and communicate scientific data effectively.
skills: HPLC, SOP, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Analytical Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.