job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 38.53 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Supporting the process development of parenteral formulations with a focus on small molecule parenterals.
- Design and execute studies evaluating the stability (chemical & physical) of parenterals against solution conditions (pH, concentration, excipients, temperature, light, moisture, etc.) and physical stresses arising from manufacturing process conditions (freeze thaw, mixing, filtration, filling), and screen excipients (buffers, stabilizers, surfactants, etc.) to develop robust formulations for frozen, refrigerated liquid, and lyophilized dosage forms.
- Being the first point of contact for the operation of advanced NBE process technologies with special emphasis on process unit operation (filling, filtration, crimping).
- Continuous thorough maintenance (mechanical, electrical) of process and laboratory development equipment and trouble shooting of equipment technical issues.
- Optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time and resources.
- Builds strong relationships to other functional units (e.g. S&T, combination products, Analytical Development) and supports / advises activities in collaboration with partners.
- Document experimental data thoroughly in lab documentation systems, generate concise scientific presentations of process results, and author detailed scientific technical reports.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Company policies and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, and GXP compliance.
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical disciplines, engineering, food science or related discipline with typically 4 (BS) or 0-2 (MS) years of relevant experience or significant technical / industrial experience in the technical field.
- Solid understanding of the various unit operations of aseptic manufacturing such as bulk freeze thaw, compounding/mixing, filtration, filling, etc. for liquid drug products.
- Experienced in laboratory systems (ELN) preferred. Minimally extensive laboratory documentation required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, and Word) required.
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GCP (Good Clinical Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.