Support the research and development of medical device and combination product concepts through the use of good laboratory practices and scientific methods
location: Reading, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $26.00 - 27.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Independently execute experiments with high quality standards including sample preparation, running reactions/analytics, data analysis, and notebook compilation.
- Design experiments and studies with minimal guidance
- Compile experimental study reports and present summarized results in technical meetings
- Work effectively with a team to achieve results and clearly communicate scientific observations
- Participate in routine lab maintenance, inspections, organization, and instrument calibrations
- Review peer documentation and perform literature searches as necessary
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of our Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field such as chemistry, engineering, biology, biochemistry, or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years' hands-on chromatography (HPLC) experience in a scientific setting
- Knowledge of polymers, plastics processing, and chemical characterization techniques
- The ability to work effectively in a small project team environment to meet aggressive timelines
- Knowledge of statistical analyses methods
- Familiarity with chromatography software (Agilent ChemStation, Waters Empower)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of one of the following a bonus- Polymer chemistry, Microbiology techniques- Specifically Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV/Vis, etc.) and Microscopy (Light, Fluorescent, SEM, etc.)
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Microbiology, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.