job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $49.80 - 58.59 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The candidate will be a member of the Viral Technology team responsible for experimental execution within pilot plant and production areas. The candidate for this position will need to become trained on applicable production operations on the unit operations in the lab as well as general laboratory procedures. Following training, the candidate will be expected to independently execute assigned experiments with minimal direction from laboratory supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for authoring and reviewing development and validation notebook studies/ protocols/ reports
- Execution of studies in pilot plant / manufacturing environment
- Follow good documentation practices to record all activities performed and data generated in production of developmental experiments
- Follows all procedures put into effect to ensure your safety as well as the safety of others. Participates in safety meetings, reports all safety issues, concerns, incidents and near misses to the team leadership.
- Identifies production issues and relays them to the laboratory management. Ensures all required paperwork is complete, accurate and done in a timely manner to ensure a quality product.
- Participation in cross-functional teams, where necessary, to assure correct performance of process operations and working with management to resolve process operations issues.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline plus 3-6 years of experience in Vaccine, Biologic, or Pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or development.
- MS Office
- EDoc or Geode, with a working knowledge of templates, workflows and approval process
- LabWare/ LIMS experience preferred
- Full understanding of GMP Documentation and current GMP standards
- Good lab / aseptic technique
- To be able to establish professional working relationships with other support and production areas in order to gather all of the necessary information required.
- Interact well and professionally with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-motivated and willing to be proactive in resolving issues
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to write and complete deviations in a timely and thorough manner
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Flexibility of hours during execution to include nights and weekends
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Project, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.