job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $31.78 - 37.39 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The position of an analytical bench scientist specialist is being floated in the Upstream Process Development (UPD) group. The UPD group is responsible for developing robust processes for cell lines producing the protein therapeutics. These are proteins that are chosen by research units as the candidate molecules for the treatment of various medical conditions spread across oncology, neuroscience, inflammation and many others. The processes developed by the UPD group are used in GMP manufacturing facilities to produce the molecules in large quantities for clinical and commercial needs. Almost all the molecules currently produced employ Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells as the host cells.
One of the vital components of process development is controlling the metabolism of the cells in culture. CHO cells consume large amounts of nutrients including amino acids and other metabolites to produce molecules of interest as well other byproducts. Quantification of amino acids in the culture medium, protein concentration, as well as several other metabolites and byproducts are key to building robust processes and ensuring product quality. The successful candidate will drive the analytical support to the team by performing analytical test on culture samples.
- The successful candidate will drive the analytical support to the UPD team.
- The candidate will coordinate with the team to receive and manage samples, perform analytical tests, process the data and provide it back to the scientists. The candidate is expected to have basic skills in biotechnology and analytical chemistry.
- The candidate should preferably have hands-on experience or at least a basic knowledge of various analytical, cell culture and molecular biology techniques including but not limited to amino acid analysis using UPLC, titer assay using HPLC, and metabolite analysis using BioHT.
- The candidate should be able to perform data analysis using Empower and Microsoft Excel, and compose scientific documents for electronic lab notebooks.
- Masters 0-3 years exp.
- BS a few months to 1 year + exp.
- Combination of internship, academic exp. industry exp.
- Go getter, willing to learn
- Good lab experience is needed
skills: Molecular Biology, Quality control, Cell Biology, Cell Cultures, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.